Monday, December 22, 2014

Two for One Project of the Week

Good morning!  It's my turn to show a Project of the Week for Repeat Impressions.  I call this Two for One -- when I can make 2 cards at one time, I feel like I make the most of my card making time.

I die cut a circle into a piece of kraft cardstock.  The kraft colored cut out will be placed on a piece of white cardstock and the kraft negative will be used as a card -- two for one.  Here is what it  looks like:
Then I stamped a couple of images called Love Stencil and Comfy Chair.  The chair was quickly colored with copics.  One chair and two hearts were cut out leaving a small white edge.



The white circle was shaded with an ink.
Kraft card was stamped with the sentiment called Where we love.
The white card was stamped with the sentiments called Happy Hello and I Love You Bunches (the "bunches" word was masked)
Twine was tied at top and pen was used to make fake stitches around the circles.

One of the reason I like to use die cuts is that you can use both the negative and positive These two cards were quick, quick, quick to make.

Thanks for looking at my project.  I hope that the next time you use a die cut, you will take the opportunity to use both the positive and negative.

Have a HAPPY stamping day.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin