Monday, October 27, 2014

Repeat Impressions Project of the Week

It's my turn at Repeat Impressions to do a Project of the Week.  I'm hoping to spur your creativity to find new ways to use borders with a few ideas.  Here is a card I made:
I felt like it needed something else so I cut and added a tiny red metallic border which I think made it look more complete.
This caused me think of ways to make borders for my cards and here are a few ways that might help you.

To make a gold or silver metallic border exactly match any metallic embossing you have on a card,













smear embossing ink on a small piece of card stock and heat emboss with gold or silver.  It is then easy to cut this into tiny strips and use them as borders on your card projects.

Another way to get creative with borders is to cut or punch a border out of vellum then emboss the border with your favorite embossing folders.  Here is an example:
I hope these few ideas will spur your creativity in finding new ways to use borders.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin