Monday, May 19, 2014

Classy Cards 'n Such Scenic Challenge

Good Morning, Joy here today showing you a card for the Classy Cards 'n Such Challenge #33  , which is to make a card with a Scenic View with either stamps or die cuts.  I used a Stamp from Our Daily Bread called Path of Life.  I inked up the image with Versamark, sprinkled on some Sparkle 'n Sprinkle Black Embossing Powder and embossed.  I use this brand because it is so fine that even the smallest details will pop out when heated up.  I used a Tim Holtz Water Brush  and Tim Holtz Distress Inks to color the scene.  I pressed each color, one at a time, onto the non-stick small kraft sheet that came in my Susan's Garden Tool Kit.  I love this little sheet - it's the perfect size, easy to clean up and my desk is less crowded than if I pulled out my big sheet.

The next step was to spritz a little Silk Glimmer Mist on top of the ink pressed onto the mat. I used this instead of water because it does not add much color to the inks, but sure gives a beautiful sparkle and glimmer.


After painting, I cut the scene out with the Spellbinders Matting Basics A.  These create perfect layers and make for quick matting.  I stamped the little sentiment "Dear Friend" from Hugs & Kisses by JustRite Stamps on to one of the little labels from the Teramo Die Set from Memory Box.  A little piece of ribbon was added and attached onto a card base.  Below you will find a summary of supplies used from Classy Cards 'n Such.

Stamps:
Path of Life by Daily Bread
Hugs & Kisses by JustRite

Dies:
Matting Basics A by Spellbinders
Teramo Die Set by Memory Box

Other:
Black Embossing Powder by Sparkle 'n Sprinkle
Water Brush by Tim Holtz
Distress Ink Pads by Tim Holtz
Susan's Garden Tool Kit - small kraft sheet
Silk Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels

Thank you for looking at my card - have a HAPPY stamping day.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin