Monday, May 12, 2014

Classy Cards 'n Such Lilac Festival

Hi, it's Joy today here and time for another wonderful challenge from Classy Cards 'n Such.  This week it is called Lilac Festival.  The challenge is to use lilac, lavender, purple or purple colors with neutrals of cream and white.  Here is my card....

I had the opportunity to attend a workshop in California called The Great Yosemite Stamp Escape.  This is an event that has been held every year for the last 13 years.  Great paper artists lead the workshops.  This year Pam Sparks one of the designers and instructors for Memory Box dies taught a few classes and inspired this card.  I used the Memory Box dies called  Beach Sprig,  Rhone Butterfly Wings, Pavilia Bloom Background with the Pavilia Bloom Outline and Massa Leaf Frame.  I lightly stenciled a chevron background with a Tim Holtz (Evergreen bough) Seasonal Ink -which are on sale at Classy Cards 'n Such.  I made a spritz of a Tim Holtz Mowed Lawn Distress Stain in a Spritz Bottle and spritzed it on top of the chevron background.  I added Baby White Pearls to the ends of the Beach Sprig and to the sequin centers.  I did not add a sentiment on the outside - that way this will go in the any occasion stack of cards.

Thanks for looking at my card - be sure to check out all the Memory Box Dies at Classy Cards 'n Such. Just looking will inspire you!  Have a happy stamping day!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin