Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Classy Cards 'n Such and Twinkling H2Os

Hi, it's Joy today showing you a couple of cards I made using some great supplies I found at Classy Cards 'n Such.  
I wasn't sure what the big deal was about Twinkling H20s, but with this challenge -- I now understand!  THESE are fabulous paints to use with cards.  As soon as they are completely dry, the colors just sparkle and shine - I'm painting chipboard frames this afternoon and then I'm going to look for other things to paint!

I used two very different techniques.  On the first one, after wetting the Twinkling H2Os,  I mounted a stamp from a set called Black Eyed Susan by JustRite and painted directly onto it.  Water was lightly spritzed onto the painted stamp and stamped onto watercolor paper.  It made a flowing watercolor type of image - I love this technique.  After it was completely dry, the sparkle just popped out!  The ribbon was colored by putting a little of the color into the Spritzer Bottle and sprayed onto Chalk White Seam Binding and when it dried - it was so shiny! The butterfly from Black Eyed Susan stamp set was stamped, painted, cut out and popped up with Joy Foam Dots.  The green background paper is from The Lake House by Kaisercraft.
 For the next card Twinkling H2Os were used just like regular water colors with a Tim Holtz Water Brush after the same image was stamped on watercolor paper.  The sentiment was cut out using Spellbinders Vintage Labels Five and popped up with Joy Foam Dots.  Again the butterfly was stamped, painted, cut out and popped up with Joy Foam Dots.  The pretty green Designer paper is called Harvest Lane by Simple Stories
I just wish you could see the sparkle - is amazing!  Oh, dear, I've got a new habit.  I now want every color.  Beverly, owner of Classy Cards 'n Such describes them as "delightful little pots of color with a touch of sparkle" - and they are!!

Supplies:
Colors:  Twinkling H2Os
Other:  Spritzer Bottle
             Tim Holtz Water Brush
             Chalk White Seam Binding
             Joy Foam Dots 
            The Lake House by KaiserCraft

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin